Takoma Therapy is a growing private practice in the heart of Takoma Park. We strive to honor our clients with a thoughtful and creative approach to therapy that leads people on a journey of self-discovery to reclaim their voice, narrative, and personal power. As a therapist we want you to feel well cared for, so that you enjoy the therapeutic work. We work together as a team, providing encouragement, support, and creative collaboration. Diversity is at the heart of what we do well.
We are looking for creative, compassionate, organized and thoughtful therapists to join our team. We are looking for therapists who have a good understanding of the long term effects of trauma, on children, adolescents, and adults. Our team reflects the diversity of the local community, and we are interested in your unique approach to therapeutic work.
Additionally, we offer competitive rates, assistance with insurance credentialing, and case consultations with experienced clinicians. You set your schedule and we don’t require any weekend or evening work (unless you work with children). We have full time hours available, which is between 22-25 clients a week. We handle all the billing and marketing aspects of the business, so that you can focus on what you do best - providing excellent clinical services to your clients.
● Conducting individual and couples therapy sessions
● Developing and implementing treatment plans
● Maintaining accurate and timely documentation
● Collaborating with other members of the healthcare team
● Participating in regular consultations/supervision and trainings
● Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, or related field
● Active license in Maryland (DC license is a plus and we will help you obtain if desired)
● Experience providing therapy to clients
● Strong written and verbal skills
● Ability to work in a team environment
We want you to look forward to coming to work everyday! So if you are passionate about helping others, as you also develop and grow, please submit the form below, or send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!